Inventories of agricultural products are the lowest they have been in decades yet the prices of many agricultural commodities are down 70% to 80% from their all time highs adjusted for real inflation. Catastrophic food shortages are possible in 2010, not just in the U.S. but all around the world.
SHOOT: I also think we'll see some uncomfortably large changes this year.
1) We will learn the 2009 holiday shopping season was a bust.
2) We will see a major decline in the Dow/Gold ratio.
3) We will see a sharp decline in the Gold/Silver ratio.
4) The U.S. Dollar Index will see short-term bounce, then huge crash.
5) Oil will rise back above $100 per barrel.
6) There will be a move towards a Libertarian third-party.
7) Peter Schiff and Rand Paul will both win Republican primaries and be elected to U.S. Senate.
8) Large 'End the Fed' Protests.
9) Major Food Shortages.